Terms & Conditions
We recommend that you carefully go through our Terms & Conditions, to better understand the different features of our service, and information about our fast developing company along with the dedicated website. This page describes Bestilaya.net terms & conditions regarding customers and our engagement for all products and services provided through this website. We strive to maintain excellent customer service and satisfaction, including a guarantee of every product as it's described on this website. CONTACT US with any queries that are not addressed below.
Our organization has created some important points under ‘Terms & Conditions‘ for the customers:
1. Acceptance of our ‘Terms & Conditions’
These "Terms & Conditions" govern your use of bestilaya.net website hereinafter referred to as "Service". The Service is owned and operated by bestilaya.net. By browsing visit to bestilaya.net, you accept and agree to abide by these Terms & Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms & Conditions, you should not use the bestilaya.net website or any of its resources and is offered to you (hereinafter referred to as "Customer") as per your agreement with and acceptance of this document (hereinafter referred to as "Subscription").
By clicking the box entitled "I Have Read and Accept the Terms & Conditions" as part of the registration process, customers accept all items in the Terms & Conditions and agree to abide by and be legally bound by the Terms & Conditions. Terms & Conditions are an ongoing contract between you and bestilaya.net and apply to your use of the Bestilaya.net service and Website. These Terms & Conditions affect your rights and you should read it carefully.
... Read More ...
2. Changes to Term of Use
Terms & Conditions are an ongoing contract between you and bestilaya.net and apply to your use of the Bestilaya.net service and Website. These Terms & Conditions affect your rights and you should read them carefully.
4. Delivery and Return of Books & No Due Dates or Late Fees
Provided you continue to be a hiring subscriber of our service, you may keep the book(s) delivered to you as long as you like. You will be required to return the books within 24 hours following any cancellation of the service or receipt of the wrong book or be subject to charge for unreturned book(s). Also, you may be charged for book(s) that you lose or damage.
In the event that the number of lost book(s) on your account becomes excessive, as we may determine in our sole and absolute discretion, we will notify you that your account has been placed on hold for review and may be charged for the estimated cost of the lost book(s). We will alert you of any potential charges prior to asking you to pay.
5. Unlimited Book Plan
This plan allows you to read unlimited books in a month and keep 3 books at a time with yourself. Once you finish you can request for Pick-up of 3 books and get delivered the next set of books. (Suitable for family with more than three readers)
6. Your Wishlist
Books that you select to hire will be placed into your own hire wishlist. You may add books or adjust the wishlist at any time. You can have required books in your wishlist to keep monitoring them. Click the "Wishlist" tab to make adjustments, review Order History or to see which books you currently have. We will determine which books to send you based on the books you have completed the order by paying the required amount, availability and the priority in which you have ordered them.
We endeavor to ship you the books listed on your Order History. However, when availability is limited, we may have to wait for the placed order to have the book available for shipping. Adjustments made to your orders may not immediately impact your next shipment. In certain instances you may have adjusted your orders before you have received a shipment message when in fact a shipment was already processed. The adjustments will, however, impact subsequent shipments only.
7. Allocation, Delivery and Return of Hired Book(s)
We reserve the right to allocate and ship books among our subscribers in any manner that we, in our sole and absolute discretion, determine. In addition, we will, in our sole and absolute discretion, determine the quantity of books we purchase for any particular title and the level of staffing and number of shipments to be processed at our distribution center.
As a result, we may not always send you the top choices from your wishlist, and we may not ship out your next book(s) on the same day that we receive from you. At present, our goal is to ship you the book(s) which orders are complete (by completing the payment) and the book(s) are available in our store. Often, on the same day that we receive an order(s) from you, we will ship the available book(s) from your order. In certain instances, your next available book(s) will not be shipped until at least one business day following our receipt of your book(s) order(s).
Other factors that may affect delivery times, include, but are not limited to,
(i) the distance between the distribution centre from which your book(s) was shipped and your delivery address,
(ii) the timing of your placement or adjustment of books in your order
(iii) the nature of the order placed determining where the order was pre-order or post-order the available book(s) in the store.
Bestilaya.net reserves the right to request return of any and all book(s) in the possession of the customer at any time. Customers understand and agree to promptly return any book(s) to Bestilaya.net upon request, and that failure to do so within 24 hours of the request makes Customer liable for the cost of those book(s) plus 50% of that cost as a handling charge, for which bestilaya.net reserves the right to charge from the Customer’s refundable security deposit.
By using the Bestilaya.net service, you are expressly agreeing that we are permitted to bill you a hiring fee, applicable tax and any other charges you may incur in connection with your use of the bestilaya.net service. Additional charges may include if you fail to return the book(s), or if you fail to make a change in the book(s) order(s) plan which you request. As used in these Terms & Conditions, "Billing" shall indicate either a charge or debit, as applicable, against your Payment Method, including a checking account, where applicable.
The payable fee will be billed at the end of the checkout and on each order you make. Click on the "Order History" link on "My Account" page to see the return date for your book(s) which you possess. We will automatically notify you in case of extra charges due to exceeding the allocated time for the book(s) ordered. In the event your reading began on a day not included in a given plan, we will agree to calculate days from the time the order was supposed to be received. For example, if you order a book and got delivered on May 1st, your return date would next be on May 14th assuming the book plan was 2 weeks. All fees and charges are non-refundable and there are no refunds or credits for partially used periods.
We may change the fees and charges in effect, or add new fees and charges from time to time, but we will give you advance notice of these changes before paying for any order. If you want to use a different Payment Method or if there is a change in your credit card validity or expiration date, you may edit your Payment Method information when making the payment during the checkout at the payment section.
We do not accept Cash Payments of any kind. All payments should be done online either through: or
9. Damaged books
All book(s) sent to you have been checked to be in a good condition prior to dispatch. Upon receipt of the book(s), you must ensure that the same is in good condition. Any anomaly, if found, must be reported to our customer service via mail immediately after receipt of the book. Failure to check and/or report the same will be constituted as your having received a book in good condition. At the time of pick-up, our representative will check for any damage to the book(s) and will intimate you accordingly. Upon receipt of the book(s), we will verify the same.
In the event of a book being damaged, we will email you, and intimate you about the same. The determination of a book being “damaged” will be at the sole discretion of bestilaya.net. Accordingly, we will charge you for the same (depending on the category of the book) in the event of nonpayment all such damage charges will be chargeable against your refundable security deposit. A top-up of the refundable security deposit will be required by the due date of the next billing cycle failing in doing so may result in blacklisting affecting your hiring in our platform.
Refund of Security Deposit In the event that your order is cancelled, we will refund your security deposit after ensuring all outstanding charges applicable have been processed. We issue a payment under the name of the customer as appears at the time of placing order and making payment within two working days. All our refunds are done via the M-Pesa number of the customer who placed the order. Under unique circumstances, the payment will be made to PayPal account that did the payment.
You may cancel your order with Bestilaya.net any time, and cancellation will be effective immediately. We do not provide refunds or credits for any partial-duration acquisition periods or unread book(s). To cancel your order you need to mail us a request for the same on firstname.lastname@example.org and also call on our customer care number +254-718 605 065 and request the same to our customer care executive. Upon cancellation, you will be given 24 hours to return any outstanding Book(s) on hire. Failure to return such book(s) will result in your upfront provided cash billed for such items. Bestilaya.net reserves the right to terminate your order for any or no reason.
11. Intellectual Property Copyright
Disclaimers of Warranties and Limitations on Liability - the Bestilaya.net service and Website and its contents are provided "as is" and we make no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to the Bestilaya.net Website, its contents or our service.
We assume no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Bestilaya.net Website, any failures, delays, or interruptions in the shipment of book(s), delivery of any content contained on the Bestilaya.net Website, any losses or damages arising from the use of the content provided on the Bestilaya.net Website, or any conduct by users of the Bestilaya.net service or Website.
We reserve the right to ship book(s) in our sole and absolute discretion. We disclaim all representations and warranties, including, for example, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. In addition, we do not represent or warrant that the information accessible via our site is accurate, complete or current.
In no event shall Bestilaya.net, its shareholders, directors, officers, or employees be liable (jointly or severally) to you for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether or not advised of the possibility of damage, and on any theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of the Bestilaya.net Website, its contents or our service. If any applicable authority holds any portion of this section to be unenforceable, then liability will be limited to the fullest possible extent permitted by applicable law.
12. Use of Information submitted
Bestilaya is free to use comments, information, ideas, concepts, reviews, or techniques or any other material contained in any communication you may send to Bestilaya.net ("Content"), including, without limitation, responses to questionnaires or through postings to the Bestilaya.net Website without further compensation, acknowledgement or payment to you for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and creating, modifying or improving the Bestilaya.net Website or other Websites.
Furthermore, by posting any Content on our site, submitting Content to us, or in responding to questionnaires, you grant us a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free irrevocable license and right to display, use, reproduce or modify the Content submitted in any media, software or technology of any kind now existing or developed in the future.
Please note that Bestilaya.net does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas for use or publication, and is not responsible for the similarity of any of its content or programming in any media to materials or ideas transmitted to Bestilaya.net. Should you send any unsolicited materials or ideas, you do so with the understanding no additional consideration of any sort will be provided to you, and you are waiving any claim against Bestilaya.net and its affiliates regarding the use of such materials and ideas, even if material or an idea is used that is substantially similar to the idea you sent.
13. Service Testing
From time to time, we test various aspects of our service, including service levels, plans, promotions and pricing, and we reserve the right to include you in or exclude you from these tests without prior notice.
14. Electronic Communications
By using the Bestilaya.net service, you consent to receiving electronic communications from Bestilaya.net. These communications will include notices about your account (e.g., shipping and receiving e-mails and other transactional information) and information concerning or related to our service, such as featured books or other literature information or offerings.
These communications are part of your relationship with Bestilaya.net and you receive them as part of the Bestilaya.net subscription. You agree that any notice, agreements, disclosure or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing.
15. Your conduct on the Bestilaya.net website & Limitation of Use
By accessing the Bestilaya.net Website, you agree not to upload, post, e-mail or otherwise send or transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment associated with the Bestilaya.net Website.
You also agree not to interfere with the servers or networks connected to the Bestilaya.net Website or to violate any of the procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Bestilaya.net Website, the terms of which are incorporated herein. You also agree not to impersonate any other person while using the Bestilaya.net Website, conduct yourself in a vulgar or offensive manner while using our service, or use the Bestilaya.net Website for any unlawful purpose.
Some of the hyperlinks and banners on the Bestilaya.net Website may lead to other Websites that are not controlled by, or affiliated with, Bestilaya.net. In addition, other Websites may link to the Bestilaya.net Website. Bestilaya.net has not reviewed these Websites and is not responsible for the content or privacy policies of these Websites.
- Shipping charges for book(s) delivered within Nairobi near the store and in specific areas are free but out of Nairobi (Upcountry) will incur a shipping cost KSh 200 except areas considered as hardship areas. International orders must choose a shipping method at checkout. (For international orders kindly send an email to email@example.com to confirm shipping details)
- Bestilaya will not provide one shipping cost to orders that are split between multiple shipping addresses.
- We reserve the right to choose the most appropriate shipping method according to the size and weight of your order, the location of your shipping address, urgency of delivery, nature of the order, and other factors.
- Goods to Nairobi will be shipped within 24 hours after receipt and clearance (when all your items are available to ship) of an order and up to 24 to 72 hours at most to the rest of Kenya. Working hours at Bestilaya which is open on weekdays 08:00 hrs- 17:00 hrs, Saturdays 09:00 hrs- 14:00 hrs and closed on Sundays and public holidays. Note that the shipping times are estimates and not guarantees. The timelines may be affected by natural occurrences e.g excessive rain, man-made events e.g violence or calendar events e.g back to school rush. In the event of any of these events, Bestilaya will advise the client accordingly.
- Shipping times can be affected by factors over which Bestilaya has no control, including incorrect delivery addresses, weather, courier and customs delays and Post Office delivery restrictions.
- Bestilaya is not responsible for receiving and processing an order with an incorrect shipping address. Please check your shipping address for accuracy. Please allow for additional time for all out of town and international (East Africa countries) orders. We have no control over certain delays like customs delays.
- Local customs and immigration agencies determine any duties or taxes that may be levied against packages arriving from outside the destination country. These additional fees are the responsibility of the recipient.
- Bestilaya cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred by the hirer or recipient of orders due to shipment failure or late delivery.
- Bestilaya automatically insures any orders.
- Free shipping is available for orders above KSh. 1,000 only in specific towns excluding towns considered by Bestilaya as hardship areas. This will be done using Bestilaya's preferred courier. Should the client prefer a different courier other than ones offered by Bestilaya, the client will meet the delivery costs and it will be at the client's own risk. For international orders, the client must choose a shipping method on checkout.
- Bestilaya is unable to provide free shipping on orders that are split between multiple shipping addresses.
- A split order will not be considered as a single consignment and may be treated as a multiple order, hence attract additional courier charges.
- Some orders might require sourcing of the items from a distributor or from different sources, in this case the order might delay. While this is not the norm, Bestilaya will always communicate to the customer about the same.
- We reserve the right to choose the most appropriate shipping method according to the size and weight of your order, the location of your shipping address, and other factors.
Delivery to hardship areas (Areas considered with poor infrastructure)
The following areas* are considered hardship areas by most courier services (including EMS) and will, therefore, attract extra shipping fee of not less than KSh 500: Baragoi, Bura, Dadaab, Elwak, Garsen, Hola, Habaswein, Ijaara, Lamu, Lodwar, Lokichogio, Mandera, Maralal, Marimanti, Marsabit, Masalani, Mbita, Modogashe, Moyale, Nginyang, Sugutar marmar, Takaba, Wajir & Wamba.
Kindly note delivery for items shipped to hardship areas is within 7 days.
* The list is updated occasionally as we get the information. Any other area not listed here and not easily accessible falls under special zone And will be priced accordingly.
Premium Delivery Services
G4S Kenya Limited (Local Shipping)
G4S is a courier service with a wide network of destinations in Kenya. Delivery is done door to door*.
- This delivery option will charge Ksh. 406 regardless of the cart amount and delivery location for weights not exceeding 5 Kgs.
- Weights above 5 Kgs will be charged an extra Ksh. 30 per Kg.
- Delivery is done on every day of the week except Sunday's and Public Holidays.
- G4S orders are picked by G4S by 3 pm, therefore orders made past this hour might be scheduled for pickup the following day.
- Hardship areas for G4S include Lokichoggio, Kakuma, Lodwar where the first 5 Kgs will be charged Ksh. 1,393/68 (Plus VAT)
* Door deliveries to destinations outside G4S delivery zones may attract additional charges based on a need basis. G4S will call the client in case of this eventuality. The client can either choose to meet this cost and have it delivered or pick the item from G4S office at no extra cost. G4S delivery zones are zones within 5 Kilometres radius from any G4S office.
* To Facilitate door to door delivery full residence address must be given e.g. Town, street, building, and house number/office name
G4S will deliver countrywide with the following exclusions:
- Lodwa and Kakuma - transport is done once a week that is on the Sunday after purchase. Delivery is then made a few days after arrival.
- Maralal - transport is done on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Delivery is done soon after arrival.
- Lamu - Items above 5 Kgs take more time than normal shipments.
Express delivery is an accelerated delivery service. Using this service, we will deliver items to the customer within 6 hours after payment is received.
- This service is only available within Nairobi or a max radius of 10 KM from Nairobi CBD. Other areas like Eldoret Town is yet to be confirmed.
- The 6 hour time period should fall under Bestilaya.net working hours of (8.00 am-5.00 pm during weekdays and 9.00 am to 2.00 pm on Saturday).
- Bestilaya reserves the right to adjust the distance, time, payment amount or any other variable where and when deemed fit.
DHL (International Shipping)
DHL Express Worldwide is an internationally renowned logistics company and Bestilaya is happy to partner with them. DHL is a premium service that you can select for all international (Out of Kenya) deliveries. DHL has a reliable tracking system and a transit time of within 2-3 days to most parts of the world.
Shipments may be subject to clearance regulation in the destination country and may be subject to Customs Duties which should be paid by the receiver. For more information on customs duties and taxes please click here.
You're eligible for a refund within 7 days if you're dissatisfied with your hire due to an error on our part or if the book doesn't arrive.
1. Incorrect Product / Not As Described / Damaged
You are eligible for a full refund of the hire price, including original shipping costs, only if your return is a result of an error on our part. To receive a refund, you must return your item directly to us within 24 hours of the estimated delivery date and in the same condition you received it in.
2. Product Did Not Arrive
You are eligible for a full refund of the hire price, including shipping costs, if your book hasn't arrived 7 days past the estimated delivery date. If the shipper/courier provides tracking information indicating the book has arrived, the return is void.
In cases where the book is returned to us for any of the following reasons, the refund price includes book hire price only: incomplete address, unclaimed, returned to sender, or similar.
3. Other Terms & Conditions
- Returned book(s) should be unused and must be returned in original packaging with any enclosed documentation. We will issue a full refund on receipt, excluding the original delivery charge. Alternatively, if preferred, we will exchange the book.
- The book is your responsibility until it reaches us. Therefore, for your own protection, we recommend that you send the parcel using a delivery service that insures you for the value of the goods.
- Delivery charges are only refundable where book(s) are faulty and a refund is made.
- The cost of returning the item to us is your responsibility.
- There are no refunds on items damaged during shipping. In that case, you must file a claim with the carrier.
- Orders that are paid for with a credit card and returned will be assessed a KSh 100 as processing fee.
- We do not refund shipping costs MPesa, PayPal, or credit card fees. They will be deducted from the total amount of your refund.
- We currently do not support cash on delivery. Full payment must be made in advance either via mobile money transfer, card payment or PayPal.
- In case of a refund, either partial or full, the transaction fees incurred by Bestilaya will be deducted from the refund amount.
- The client has an obligation to respond to any communication either written or oral in order to facilitate delivery. Failure to which, Bestilaya will deliver the item to the nearest or most convenient courier service or a partner organization.
- For international orders (outside Kenya), the client will be required to contact Bestilaya before making an order for a shipping fee estimate.
- EMS is a Posta subsidiary and may, in some cases, not offer door to door deliveries. In such cases, the client will be required to collect their order at the nearest Posta office.
19. Claims of Copyright Infringement
It is the policy of Bestilaya.net to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Bestilaya.net does not promote, foster or condone the photocopying of book(s) or any other infringing activity. If you believe your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, are aware of any infringing material on the Bestilaya.net Website, or know of someone who is making unauthorized use of the content of the Bestilaya.net Website, please notify us of your concern by submitting a written notice to us at the following address:
SUBJECT: Claims of Copyright Infringement
Your notice must be duly attested and contain the following:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest.
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
3. Identification of the material on the Bestilaya.net Website that is claimed to be infringing, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and, if available, your e-mail address.
5. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
6. A statement that the above information is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are, or are authorized to act on behalf of, the owner of the copyright that is allegedly infringed.
20. Children Protection Policies
By agreeing to use this platform you comply to the privacy policies and more specifically regarding age restriction. This
platform is open to the public but it is ONLY limited to 13 years and
over. No underage child should access the platform on his/her own under
any circumstance without parental guidance. Any customer who violates
this policy will be deleted from the system and blocked from usage